Rules for what!?
Well, as we know, the drone community is steadily growing these past months. It is used by various kind of people for various kinds of tasks and work. May it be for leisure, photography, surveillance, agriculture and etc. However, a famous once said, "great power, comes with great responsibilities." New members are usually not aware of certain rules, and when one is not literate of it, it can cause unwanted occurrences.
Here are the rules that can help you to avoid problems when flying a UAV:
- To fly a drone for commercial purposes, or to fly a drone that weighs 7 kilograms (15 pounds) or more, you must obtain a certificate from the CAAP. See the section below for more information.
- Only fly during the day and in good weather.
- Do not let the drone outside of your visual line of sight.
- Do not fly over populated areas, such as schools or marketplaces.
- Do not fly higher than 400 feet above ground level.
- Do not closer than 30 meters (98 feet) from persons not involved with the drone’s operation.
- Do not fly closer than 10 kilometers (6 miles) from airports.
- Do not fly near emergencies, such as fires.
Nowadays, safety is the number one priority of everyone and implementing rules and regulations are just guides that help us to be more careful and away from harm.